What’s Happening in Toronto: Week of March 18-24
March 16, 2018
What’s Happening in Toronto for the week of March 18-24. From Caribbean dancing and coffee tours to Bridal Shows, from concerts to workshops, here are some fun and interesting events to attend!
Events in Toronto
What’s Happening in Toronto
Sunday, March 18, 2018
- Caribbean Dance Workshop Series: This Carnival Spice class blends together Soca, Latin and Dancehall music and is a good exercise for all body types. It not only improves the upper body, lower body and core movement, but it also helps with your dance technique. This event takes place at the Dovercourt House from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Gladstone Flea: March Makers Market: From 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. you will be able to find artisans making the best goods with their own hands at the Gladstone Hotel Ballroom. You’ll find the best, local and independent goods and businesses.
- Le Tour de Cafe: At 10:30 a.m. join the tour that will take you through Corktown and Riverside and let you discover some of the best coffees in the city. You will be able to enjoy a selection of speciality drinks from cafés focusing their efforts on creating an excellent cup of coffee.
Monday, March 19, 2018
- Demi Lovato & DJ Khaled concert: If you’re a Demi Lovato or DJ Khaled fan you probably won’t want to miss this concert happening at the Air Canada Centre starting at 7:30 p.m.
- TechTO March 2018: Join the Tech TO community at the RBC Waterpark Place from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and learn from the city’s technology professionals.
- Wannabe Toxic Free TO: Women’s Healthy Environment Networks has created an event which helps connect the dots between the action we can take to protect our health and what we can do to change the system. Join the conversation from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Centre for Social Innovation.
What’s Happening in Toronto – Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- 2018 Canadian Film Festival: March 20-24 enjoy an indie-spirited festival that celebrates Canadian Filmmakers at Cineplex’s Scotiabank Theatre.
- Pink: Beautiful trauma world tour: The concert I’ve been waiting for! Pink is in town!
- Instagram for Beginners workshop: From 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at 455 Spadina Avenue, you will be able to develop best practices and pick up tips on how to become a pro at Instagram. Create, edit and share images that will appeal to your audience and discover how to use hashtags and grow your following.
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Riverdale: Improvised: Riverdale Improvised is a show taking place at the Social Capital at 9:30 p.m. and that recreated all the drama of the tv show and fills in all the mysteries that have been left out.
- Runner cocktail class: Tequila! The event is taking place at HotMess Tex Mex from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Meet the founders of Siempre Tequila and learn about the cocktail Siempre Sunset. Then, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. learn how to make 3 exclusive cocktails!
- The Hip Haus: Young professional networking: The Hip Haus provides free gatherings for young people to network. It’s a free event starting at 9:00 p.m. at la Maquette.
More of What’s Happening in Toronto
Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Ask a designer night at luxe appliance studio: Are you having interior design dilemmas? Ask a designer to help you out during a one-on-one consultation. Meet designers Monika Hibbs, Jackie Glass and Shai Deluca and get some insight into the world of interior design. The event is taking place Luxe Appliance Studio from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Don’t kill my flow on world water day: This event brings several art communities and indigenous groups to express the impacts of water. Join to create conversation about our relationship to water. Location: Artscape Youngplace. Time: 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
Friday, March 23, 2018
- C9 Art opening exhibition: Relationships: This exhibition investigates themes of complicated human connection. It is an intimate, multifaceted exploration of the human relationship with oneself as well as others, encouraging reflection and questioning personal sense of belonging. From March 23rd until April 21st you will be able to enjoy the art and beauty of this exhibition.
- Hooking Up: Second Base: The Second City presents “Hooking Up: Second Base.” They pulled some great tales of Tinder Troubles, long-lost lovers, and all the sickening bliss that comes with new relationships. Rolled up into 90 minutes of fresh, new comedy, this fast-paced performance is just the right amount of heat you need. The event is taking place at the Toronto Mainstage Theatre starting at 10:00 p.m.
- Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets: Begin the weekend with a basketball game at the Air Canada Centre!
Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Ac2: An intimate evening with Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen: The Sony Centre for the Performing Arts is the location chosen for the event starting at 8:00 p.m.
- Talk & Q&A with certified animal chiropractor Dr. Mishka Thomson: If you have a senior pet or one recovering from an injury you will want to attend this talk and learn more on how to help your friend. Location: Tom & Sawyer Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- The Ultimate Bridal Show 2018: From 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. at 4141 Living Arts Dr, you will be able to attend 10th season of the Ultimate Bridal Show.