One thing that I love about my full-time job is that it lets me travel all around the world. This is why I’ll probably keep blogging part-time for many years to come!
London was my chosen international destination last week and what else could I do if not go to the most popular and instagrammable café on the web at the moment? better known as Elan Café?
And guess what? I went there. I went to the smaller location, the one at 48 Park Ln.
What did I think of it? That’s a good question. It has pros and cons.
- PRO: It’s very pink. I love the colour pink along side with the colour black so for me the fact that this coffee shop was literally all pink and covered in roses made me smile from beginning to end.
- CON: The roses are fake. Yes, you read it correctly. they are not real roses. I get it, I wouldn’t want to be bothered attaching real roses to the wall every day, but I would have liked to see real roses displayed at least in the vases on the tables.
- PRO: The coffee and cheesecake were really good. As soon as we got to Elan Café I knew I needed my coffee fix. Especially after a 7-hour flight and jet-lag creeping up on me. I ordered a cappuccino which I really enjoyed. I always like having a cappuccino when I’m in Europe. It has become a welcome back gift. Christina, my bff/roommate/insta husband, (I know right? We found ourselves in London at the same time just on different flights) had a strawberry cheesecake which she couldn’t stop eating. She said it was delicious!
- CON: The service was slow. I don’t usually like complaining about the service, I work in the same field and I get that sometimes there are reasons for a slow or not great service, but this time around I felt like there wasn’t someone taking care of the customers as there should be. From the moment we entered the café we felt kind of lost, we didn’t exactly know where to go and who to ask for directions. And when someone finally told us there was a lineup outside, they forgot to mention that we should leave our name so they could call us when a table would be available..
- PRO: It is a very nice location. The location we went to is close to Hyde Park and a very nice area to walk around. I haven’t been to the second location, on Brompton Rd, which is supposed to be bigger than this one, but I will let you know how it is once I go back to London!
- CON: Too much hype. I like to be honest and since I am writing a post about my personal opinions here, I’d like to add this: yes, it is very hyped up. It is a very cute café and I get that it would get this much attention from bloggers and instagrammers especially for it’s #millennialpink look, but for me, it was another cute café and I’m sure there are many more to discover still.
These are my own thoughts so don’t take it personally. If you love it then I am happy for you, and if you are going to check it out let me know what you think of it!