Today is the last day of November.. I can’t believe we’re already in full on Holiday Season!
But before we start talking about Holiday stuff, Christmas, sweets, gifts and all those things that go hand in hand with this Season, let’s talk about parties and how to plan the perfect house party!
How to plan the Perfect House Party
I’m not kidding when I tell you that I LOVE having friends over and throwing a house party! Any occasion is a good occasion for me! I mean, my roommate and I are getting a new couch and my first thought was: “We can now throw a couch-warming party!” that’s the kind of thing that excites me!
As soon as I decide it’s time to send out the invites, I’m already planning the night away.
Here are a few suggestions on how to plan the perfect house party.
- Make a list of all the things you need to do: First of all I like to clear my mind and make a list of all the things that will have to be done for the party. Making a list makes it much easier to visualize the load of work and tasks you will have to do and you will be able to plan you time accordingly.
- Send out the invites at least 10 days before: I usually send them out 3 or 4 weeks before because of my full-time job. As a flight attendant you really have to plan your whole month at least 3 weeks in advance, and it gets even trickier when your friends are also flight attendants! Organization is key!
- Have food ready for your guests: This one might sounds like a silly point, but a party is not a party without food! How does that Julia Child saying go? “A party without cake is just a meeting.” I usually like to have sweet and salty snacks, some healthy options like veggies and hummus, crackers and cheese and fruit to go with cake and pastries. The Italian blood in me, plus my mom’s words always remind me that it’s better to have too much than not enough food.
- Drinks are always a good idea: Usually, when people have parties it’s customary to bring your own bottle of wine, or other drinks you’d like to have. These days, our bar cart is so well stocked that I don’t even feel the need to ask anyone to bring anything anymore. We have a really good variety of drinks, and one that I was happy to try out was Hounds Vodka, which is a black premium vodka made in Newfoundland. Through a proprietary formula of fulvic minerals and humic acid infusion, the normally clear vodka becomes black and it can be enjoyed on the rocks or in a cocktail. FYI: it also makes for a really good gift! 😉
- Clean the house: Sounds like another pretty obvious point, but I’ll just throw it out there: tidy up before your guests arrive. You don’t want the house to look like a mess! It’s nice to have a comfortable, clean and cozy space where to host the party and welcome your friends.
- And last but not least, Have fun at your party! Remember to enjoy every moment you spend with your friends and don’t stress out if something doesn’t go exactly the way you had planned! Sometimes the best memories are created by unexpected events!