We’re eight days into January 2018 and I’m eagerly waiting for February to come around.
What I’m looking forward to this year
I know it’s not the best way to start the year, but January is definitely one month that I always dread. The holidays are over, the temperature drops even more and there’s this misconception that with a new year you can become a whole different person.
As I said in my last post I don’t want to make new years resolutions anymore, I just want to keep improving myself as life moves on without worrying about any due dates.
But there are a few goals I have set for myself this year.
- Learn Spanish: I have wanted to learn Spanish for a few years now. I am thinking of taking a course in Toronto, and maybe one in another Spanish-speaking country…
- Visit at least three new countries: I’ve been to many different countries in less than two years thanks to my job, but it’s hard to really enjoy the city, dive into the culture and the history of a country when you’re there for just 24 hours. So this year I plan on visiting many more cities and expanding my knowledge as much as possible.
- Read more books: I used to read so much more than I do now. I miss falling in love with a book and not being able to put it down because I’m so sucked into the story. For some reason it’s been a while since I have felt that way and all I want is to be able to discover a really good book and lose myself into it again. One of my goals is to rediscover my love for books.
- Keep up with my fitness routine: As I have mentioned quite a few times, I finally found a fitness routine that works for me and I’m definitely going to try to keep up with it this year as well. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to follow it as much as I wanted to these past weeks because of the bad weather that swallowed up Toronto. As soon as the weather starts getting a little more bearable I will be able to go back!
- Stop over thinking and stressing over useless things: One of my worst traits is my constant over thinking and stressing over things that I have no control over. I want to try to make life easier on myself by taking it a little less seriously and stop worrying about everything. This one is going to be a tough one!
These are just a few of my goals, what are yours?